The year is half over! So my tip for this weekend is to take some time to evaluate how far you’ve progressed with your goals for 2010, and whether you need to change direction in any area of your life in order to be happy and stress-free.
Yesterday, I promised to give you some tips on how to address your anger in a healthier way. If you feel dismay and upset at realizing you’re already at the halfway point in the year, and you haven’t accomplished nearly as much as you’d planned, join the club! It happens to all of us.
- don’t waste energy on regrets for what you haven’t done yet
- when you feel angry about something, use the emotion as a signal that something is wrong, and dig deeper to find the source.
- stop blaming everyone around you for the way your life is going
- take responsibility for your own attitude and actions
- relax with a simple meditation such as the one in my stress management book, “Forget Your Troubles: Enjoy Your Life Today” — get instant access to the ebook here
I’m working on a new product (audio plus PDF report) that will really help you a lot if you’ve gotten into the habit of arguing with your spouse or mate — it should be available in a couple of days and I’ll let you know when it is!
your happiness guru,