I can see there’d need to be different types of policies, and maybe you wouldn’t want or need all of them. Or you might add on a rider now and then for specific short-term items, such as the stress of planning a wedding in the family.
Here are some of the types of stress people have, and maybe you are familiar with some or all of them:
- Stress over work deadlines and your boss’s (or your own) expectations
- Family fights and disagreements
- Relationship stress — your romance isn’t going the way you dreamed it would!
- Illness and accidents — involving you, or those closest to you (including your pets)
- Internal anxiety about the future
- Financial stress — worrying about bills and whether you’ll have enough money to meet your obligations
Although we can’t take out a policy against these type of stressors, we can build up “insurance” inside so that we know how to handle stress without freaking out, how to relate to others without exploding or blaming, and how to seek solutions instead of staying stuck in the problem.
What are some of the things on your stress list?
your happiness guru,