Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there.
Thanks to everyone who participated in my informal survey, asking what you WISH your mother had taught you when you were growing up.
In no particular order, these are subjects that rose to the top of the list:
- Dream BIG – don’t content yourself with small goals that you know you can easily achieve. Stretch yourself! Even though your mom probably thought she was protecting you from pain by teaching you to think “small” that habit keeps you limited.
- Shift your thinking from negative to positive – learn more here .
- Make new friends but keep in touch with the old ones. Even if you moved around a lot as a kid, as I did, or change jobs as an adult, it’s important to stay connected with people who are meaningful in our lives. Today’s communication methods make it a lot easier. So if you didn’t learn this skill, be sure to pass it along to your own kids or family members.
- Keep an attitude of gratitude throughout each day. Instead of complaining about all the things you don’t have, be grateful for all the blessings that you do have! Not just material things, but Nature, animals, friendship and love
- Don’t criticize and correct other people. Find the good in everyone you meet. Even if you are a parent or teacher or boss, there’s no need to be harsh when pointing out something that needs to be done in another way. Always lead with praise.
Check out my articles on these and similar subjects — articlesbyevelyn.com
to your happiness and success,